New programs, menus and options will transform dining environment
After a year-long collaborative RFP process and careful consideration, the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has selected Aramark as their partner for Dining Services management effective July 1, 2017. As a well-established partner who is committed to the local community, Aramark will bring leadership, systems and capital support that will help the University execute their strategic growth plan. Based on input from students, faculty and staff, Aramark will focus on delivering a new vision for dining on campus by:
- Aligning with the university’s strategic mission to create an unsurpassed undergraduate experience by transforming the dining environment;
- Bringing innovative and sustainable retail brands to campus including Pizza Hut’s new customizable 9” hand-tossed pizzas in addition to favorites such as wings and pasta. This will be the first Pizza Hut of its kind on an University of Arkansas Campus;
- Adding variety and convenience to the JBJ Housing Complex with the addition of Provisions On Demand (P.O.D.) Market, a fully branded, robust convenience store;
- Engaging current dining employees through training, recognition and career development opportunities;
- Giving back to the local community through service activities and food donations; enhancing the living and learning experience through programming including special events and theme meals;
- Committing to culinary excellence with knowledgeable chefs, fresh food and healthy options;
- Continuing to offer student favorites Chick-fil-A and We Proudly Serve Starbucks.
“We are pleased to begin a new partnership with Aramark,” UAPB Chancellor Laurence B. Alexander said. “We would like to thank Thompson Hospitality for its dedication and service to UAPB. We look forward to the opportunities presented by our new relationship with Aramark, which was the successful bidder in the state-mandated procurement process.”
“We are proud to partner with University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff to transform the campus experience and environment for students, faculty and staff,” said Camille Mosley of Aramark. “Additionally, we are proud to be a part of the growth trajectory that UAPB is experiencing and supporting the vital connection between the University and the Pine Bluff community.”
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at http://www.aramark.com or connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.