Cleveland – July 13, 2010 (mycampusEAI)- The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) recently selected CampusEAI Consortium’s myCampus, a Software-as-a Service (SaaS) Web 2.0 campus portal and web content management solution that provides prospective students, students, faculty and staff, and alumni with access to their academic and social information all in one place.
“We want the UAPB campus portal to be a one-stop shop for our students, faculty and alumni,” says Totten. “Our goal is to continue to offer our students the latest technology available. myCampus EAI is one more way to achieve that goal. Collaboration within the entire UAPB family is vital to the success of this initiative.”
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff also received an in-kind grant from the CampusEAI Consortium of more than $1 million worth of products and services over the next five years to develop and support the myCampus portal.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff’s myCampus portal will support the institution’s strategic plan of improving the College’s operational effectiveness in spite of funding challenges and provide integrated communication and collaboration services that will enhance the student experience and contribute to student success.
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff ‘s myCampus includes the following features:
- QuickLaunch – Single-Sign-On Integration to systems such as:
- Microsoft Exchange
- ERP Integration – Includes the following integration to Datatel
- Class Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript
- Account Summary
- Targeted Alerts – Notifies users of campus announcements through:
- SMS alerts
- Web 2.0 Social Networking including:
- Community and Person Profile Pages
- Friend Walls
- Google Gadgets Integration
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff also selected to host myCampus on the CampusEAI Consortium’s Cloud, a 24x7x365 high-performance computer cluster, to eliminate up front capital expenditures, to reduce the utilization of the university’s technical resources and to ensure high performance, availability, stability and security.
myCampus provides The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff with the following advantages over other Portal solutions:
- Increased Functionality: Out-of-the-box Single Sign-On ‘QuickLaunch’ to ERP, LMS, E-Mail and other enterprise systems; plus robust Social Networking features like Instant Messaging, Blogs, Wikis, Walls and more.
- Lower Cost: Very affordable licensing and maintenance fees.
“We are pleased that The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff selected myCampus,” said Anjli Jain, Executive Director of the CampusEAI Consortium. “It is an honor to be a part of delivering on the College’s mission and we look forward to supporting the growing needs and requirements of the campus community through myCampus.”
For more information on the CampusEAI Consortium, myCampus or to apply for a CampusEAI Consortium Grant, contact Jas Singh at CampusEAIgrant@campuseai.org to schedule an executive one-on-one session.
About CampusEAI Consortium Campus Portal Grants
- The Grant offering provides in-kind software, project management, installation, support and training services necessary to install and operate a Campus Portal.
- The Grant ranges between $250,000 to $1,000,000 in software, hardware and services, depending on the size and requirements of the institution.
- Full and Partial Grants will be awarded.
- Full Grant: For those institutions that are awarded a Full Grant, CampusEAI shall underwrite all of the costs of the software, hardware and professional services.
- Partial Grant: Institutions in receipt of a Partial Grant will be provided the in-kind software, hardware and professional services whereby a majority of the costs shall be underwritten by CampusEAI and a small percentage of the costs would be borne by the institution to support the initial and ongoing implementation of the Campus Portal.
Further information on the Campus Portal Grant is available at http://www.campuseai.org/grant-program
myCampus, the most widely deployed campus portal and web content management solution in higher education, provides prospective students, students, faculty and staff, and alumni with single sign-on access to their academic and social information. For more information on myCampus, visit http://www.campuseai.org/products
About CampusEAI Consortium
CampusEAI Consortium is a global information technology services and consulting provider focused on helping its members implement enterprise IT solutions cost-effectively and timely. More than 260 members belong to the CampusEAI Consortium, including University of Arizona, Albany State University, University of Maine at Farmington, Curry College, North Carolina University Wilmington, Staffordshire University and The Australian National University. For more information, visit www.campuseai.org